The call has come- you've been asked to play oboe d'amore for a Bach Cantata, or Ravel's Boléro! You know how to make a reed, but you don't want to have to invest in a new mandrel, as well as buying cane and new staples.
You've come to the right place, though. The Oboe d'Amore Blank is for you.
Our Oboe d'Amore Reed Blank comes to you like this:
- d'amore cane shaped in-house, tied on a brass or silver staple
- the 'ears' of the shaped cane are removed
- the tip of the reed is lightly scraped
- the tip of the reed is clipped open
- 2” of brass wire is included with your blank to wrap around the reed once finished, if necessary
- your blank is guaranteed to seal, with no leaks or cracks
Our additional options include:
- 'windows' of the reed scraped
- flexible tubing on bottom of staple
*Pictured is an Oboe d'Amore blank without the windows scraped. For more information on what makes a terrific Oboe d'Amore Reed Blank, check out our blog post on the subject.